OCTOBER:
Sweet Libby turns 7!!
We were blessed to have Grandpa & Mumzie (Paul's parents) come down to celebrate with us and enjoy a week in Sunny San Antonio. We had a wonderful time exploring Sea World, the River Walk, Children's theatre and most importantly just spending quality time together!
Mumzie was SO brave!!
Feeding the dolphins:
We also had our Homeschooling Texas History festival:
Just because they are so darn cute:
And I believe that pretty much sums up October!
NOVEMBER
In early November, Katie celebrated another fantastic year on this earth. Sadly, we don't have pictures but it was a wonderful day complete with the girls decorating the kitchen & hanging balloons along with a wonderful surprise phone call from Norway to catch up with her college roomie! HOORAY!
Here are a couple shots of the girls after church on Sunday (birthday weekend):
Our fall garden was somewhat successful! Lots of lessons learned and we are eager to give it another go this spring! Here is the first harvest we collected in November (crazy huh?!)
And.....onto THANKSGIVING!! The girls helped decorate and plan our Thanksgiving day menu. I think our paper banner turned out pretty cute! (Please pay no attention to the plant that has still not been potted in its pot....of course now I just drew attention to it....)
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving day together and have so very much for which to be thankful!!
Of course, no Thanksgiving is complete without creating the traditional Gingerbread house.
And then....the aftermath:
Much Love to you ALL!!
ohhhhhh!!!! i love it!!! they are just so incredible wonderfully adorable yet growing-up-so-fast! i too am working on a 2 month update post...argh... MISS YOU ALL! LOTS OF LOVE FROM KS!
ReplyDeleteYou made me cry!!! So glad my phone call caught you at a good time. It did my heart good, too. Wish I could give you all a big giant hug!
ReplyDeleteHere are my other thoughts:
Can't BELIVE Libby is 7!
Love the gingerbread house. I think we're making ours tomorrow. First try. Having hard time finding the appropriate candy decorations.
Also love the aftermath picture.
Love seeing Brita's personality emerge in those photos!
And. . . can't believe you don't have time in your day to pot a damn plant. Jeez. What are you doing with yourself?? Growing your own veggies, and making homemade thanksgiving banners or something? Like that's an excuse. . .
Yeah - a new post! I have been waiting FOREVER for this!! :) Loved the pictures of the girls. They are looking so cute! Miss you lots. I think you really need to visit your family in MN soon!!!!
ReplyDeletelisbet