A beautiful thing about the move to San Antonio has been the wonderful community of fellow homeschoolers! Not only does this group provide additional educational opportunities for our family but also a chance to have some great fellowship time with other sweet homeschoolers.
As part of joining the group, each family is responsible to “sign up” for a committee. Being that we just had a baby and moved across TX, I decided last fall to sign up for a seemingly easy/harmless event:
The Valentine’s Party. Sadly, my plans for "easy" were foiled when I discovered that over 125 kids had RSVP’d and we needed to coordinate an activity, decorations, snacks, a craft and a Valentine’s exchange!
Multiple trips to Wal-Mart & the Party Store, an order to Oriental Trading Co., a crazy number of phone calls and 4 dozen homemade cupcakes later….my commitment was complete & we were off and celebrating Valentine’s Day in style!
Pics from Valentine Roller Skating Party:
| Libby & her friend Joy at the refreshments table. |
| Abbie doing coloring & sticker art craft |
| Emily making Valentine inch worm craft with friend Abigail |
| Libby & Emily decorated boxes for the Valentine exchange |
| Libby and her friend Mya taking a break from Roller Skating |
Let me see if I understand.....you've got 4 little girls 6 and under...who you homeschool...while your husband is super busy being a doctor. And you thought you were going to pick something simple and easy. Really? Is that in keeping with who you are?! : ) tehe
ReplyDeleteIt's all so worth it though, right!
Awww.... what a fun surprise to see you posted again; and I got a special note! Thank you, dear friend! Wow. You really are Uh- mazing! I think I need to see if my husband will let us move to San Antonio to be part of your home school group. :)
ReplyDelete