Goodness me...it has been over a month. Buckle up (or skip ahead), we have lots to cover :) As I wade through the pictures snapped & events that have taken place....it looks like we need to start with the Colonial Birthday party! Here goes:
I know I've said this before but, one of the beauitful things about moving to San Antonio has been the wonderful community of homeschoolers we have been able to join! One dear homeschooling family has girls the same age as Libby and Emily and they too have been studying Colonial USA in their history lessons this year. Their eldest daughter Joy had a birthday the end of March and wanted to do a Colonial themed party. My sewing skills were put to the test and my March evenings were filled with making skirts, mop hats, and scarves for the girls to wear to the party. There was soap carving, sack races, a Boston Tea Party, rag doll sewing, and a chance to make pomander balls (apples covered in cloves). Needless to say, we all had a great time!
 |
| Emily helping with the Boston Tea Party |
 |
| Birthday Girl Joy and her Colonial Flag Cake |
 |
| Did Abbie like the cake?....Oh YES she did!! |
Love love LOVE it!!
ReplyDelete(but you knew I would)